Out to dinner at a local texmex joint a few weeks ago, the waitress suggested we try the new drink on their menu. I figured it couldn’t be bad, so we ordered a round. Realizing these were the best things ever, we had another round. It was a great night. I then realized I needed to try to make it at home. Wondering what it is yet?
Yes. This is an upside down beer in a margarita. You are going to love these on a warm summer day, and they are quite simple to make!
I’m going to rate this about a 9 on a lets-get-drunk scale. They catch up with you in a hurry. So be careful.
Ingredients (makes 8):
- 8 cups ice cubes
- 1 (355ml) can frozen limeade concentrate
- 350 ml tequila (measure with empty limeade can)
- 60 ml Cointreau
- Margarita or kosher salt for the rims
- Lime and orange slices cut in half
- 8 Coronitas or Coronas
- Straws and fun glasses
This is actually pretty easy to make! Work in two batches and go as follows:
- Place 4 cups of ice cubes in a blender. Add 1/2 can limeade, 6 ounces tequila and 2 tablespoons Cointreau. Blend at highest speed until drink is almost smooth. Pour into glasses and place coronita in upside down!
- Repeat with remaining ingredients. Store in the freezer or drink right away!
Simple! So easy even a drunk could do it. Though I suppose that’s the idea!