Alright, this is one we will consider a baked good, or dessert, so I definitely did not make it. C thinks I bake like a jackass, so I usually just get relegated to fetching ingredients. I’m totally cool with that because she is lots of fun to watch baking – and the end result is amazing!
So, here we go – chocolate infused lady fingers in coffee liqueur and a creamy filling makes this AMAZING!
Ingredients (makes 2 large servings):
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (Dutch processed is best)
- 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 bar of cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 24 ladyfinger cookies
- 1 oz coffee liqueur (Kahlua is my favorite)
- Medium mixing bowl
- Whisk/electric mixer
- Small microwavable bowl
- Small pot
- Medium pot
- Large wine glasses (for plating)
And here we go!
- In a medium bowl, mix cocoa powder with 1/2 cups hot water until cocoa dissolves. Add Kahlua (mix it well) and set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, pour 1/4 cup cream and add chocolate; microwave about 1:30-2 minutes and stir until melted. Let cool to room temperature.
- Add cooled chocolate mixture to a mixing bowl with cream cheese and sugar. Using an electric mixer or whisk, beat until blended
- Add melted chocolate to remaining heavy cream and whisk chocolate filling on high until thick, about 3 minutes.
- Now we get to work in layers: in your wine glass, add about 1/4 inch of chocolate mixture. Then dip several lady fingers in the cocoa/kahlua until soaked, and place on top of chocolate mixture.
- Continue the layering until your wine glass is full – try to keep it neat so it looks pretty! (Stir the Kahlua mixture often, the cocoa tends to settle at the bottom)
- Garnish with half of a lady finger and icing sugar
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.